5 Fun Things to Do During Your “Me” Time
We spend the majority of our time with others. We spend time with our partners, girlfriends, colleagues, our kids…. and it’s only natural to want to some time to yourself. Your “me” time should reflect who you are and what you like to do.
We’ve compiled a list of a few suggestions of some fun things you can do while finally alone.
- Go shopping. No one’s denying that it’s fun to go shopping with your besties, but shopping by yourself is great, too. This can be your time to really focus on finding something that makes you feel great. You’ll have all the time you need to try on everything that catches your eye. Try on a number of plus size skirts and tops and create new, stylish outfits. You’ll have no one rushing you or judging you or telling you what you should or shouldn’t buy.
- Take a drive to the coast. Riding in the car, alone with your thoughts can really help you sort through anything that’s bothering you. Blast your favourite songs and literally drive away from your problems. Take in the scenery and just enjoy the time you have with yourself.
- Change up your living space. Does your bedroom or living space need make over? Take this “me” time to organise your wardrobe, get rid of old clothes or rearrange your furniture for the ultimate in feng shui.
- Seriously unwind. This is the best time to relax. Let go of work with a glass of wine, take away and Netflix. Binge-watch your favourite show and try to move as little as possible. But if you do have to move, we recommend a bubble bath.
- Reconnect with an old hobby. How long has it been since you touched your paints, read a book, or played your favourite instrument? Take this opportunity to get back into your old pastimes.
It may be hard to take some time out of your diary for just yourself but we can’t recommend it enough. It’s important to have some occasional “me” time to keep you focused and in touch with yourself. When life is tough or you just need some time away, use one of these suggestions to get out and clear your head.