8 Fashion Trend That Have Made a Comeback
History has a way of repeating itself, especially when it comes to fashion. And as we’ve witnessed in the past, not all comebacks are good ones. Check out these 8 fashion trends that have made their way back into the lives of plus size fashion lovers everywhere
- Wine Lipstick. Once popular in the 1920s and 1930s, wine-coloured lips have made a reappearance. You can find this shade on the red carpet and even day-to-day wear.
Photo via http://www.popsugar.com.au
2. Big Natural Curls. Diana Ross embraced her natural hair, which was always big and full of volume. Today you’ll see many men and women strutting their natural curls.
Photo via http://www.brit.co
3. The Top Knot. A hairstyle that can be sleek and sophisticated or messy and causal. Whatever the occasion, this hairstyle has been around for ages. You can see Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly wear this hairstyle in the famous Breakfast at Tiffany’s and you can see it on almost anyone who’s anyone these days.
Photo via elle.com
4. Nude Lips. In the 50s and 60s Brigitte Bardot was a major nude lip supporter. Today you can find the look on many celebrities as a technique to downplay and balance a dramatic eye.
Photo via beautystat.com
5. Waves. These controlled waves can be found on celebrities and fashion icons throughout history. The Hollywood Glam look is here to stay.
Photo via celebuzz.com
6. Lashes from the 60s. Showcased by Twiggy, these lashes made waves in the 60s and stars are still wearing this look in honour of her trend.
Photo via ahfrancis.com
7. 90s Grunge. Maybe this trend isn’t too far back, but it’s recently making its comeback and it’s stronger than ever. Remember that dirty rocker look inspired by bands like Nirvana, Courtney Love and Garbage? Well today’s look is similar all black everything, messy hair and combat boots, it’s just a bit more polished in 2016.
Photo via cosmopolitan.co.uk
8. The Cat-Eye. The cat-eye has been around for quite some time and it looks like it’s here to stay.
Photo via harpersbazaar.com
Somehow fashion trends, the good and the bad, have a way of making their way back. We can guarantee that we’ll be on top of whatever comes into fashion next and you can find it here at Pink Clove.