Being Confident and Body Positive
With all of the hate that’s in this world, it’s easy to get caught up in the negative comments that get thrown around and even to start believing them.
It’s important as women, and plus size women, that we stay positive and we form daily rituals that will enhance the way we think about ourselves. The majority of us aren’t strangers to self-criticism or even criticism from others, but it’s our job to remain positive and to see ourselves for what we really are: beautiful, unique, intelligent women.
- Don’t put yourself down. Being hard on yourself isn’t going to help. You are who you are and you should be happy with that! Every individual is unique and special in her own way.
- Don’t put other people down. If you are criticising others to build yourself up, then there is a bigger issue here. You don’t need to put others down to make yourself feel beautiful or important.
- Think about what you like about yourself. Look in the mirror and point out the things you like about yourself. Stop looking at the things you don’t like and focus on the positive. Do this every day and create a bod-positive mantra.
- Your weight doesn’t define you. Are you a professional? A mum? An athlete? Fashion guru? Whatever you are, your weight doesn’t define you. You are so much more than a number. You’ve accomplished great things, overcome obstacles, maybe given life to another human being and your life has more meaning than how much you weigh.
- Learn how to take a compliment. The first step is acceptance. If someone gives you a compliment, embrace it. You’re special and there’s a reason why other people see you that way.
- Exercise to feel better, not look better. Do it for yourself, not for the likes and comments on your social media pages. Exercise has positive effects on the mind, heart and body, but do it for you.
- Dress for you. Don’t worry about what other people will think. Dress with what makes you feel comfortable and what best represents you. For plus size tops and skirts, visit our online store!