Five New Year’s Resolutions You Definitely Should Make
Everyone makes New Year’s resolutions in hope of a better year and overall, a better life. IF we set goals that aren’t attainable, we only set ourselves up for failure. We want resolutions that make us feel accomplished at the end of the year.
Here is a list of 5 New Year’s Resolutions that you definitely should make and will have you feeling great and satisfied at the end of yes another year.
- Smile more. A simple act of smiling can make you happier and healthier. Practise smiling and watch how positive you start feeling daily. Smiling is also contagious so you’ll be doing everyone else a favour and brightening up their day as well. Smiling also makes you more approachable, inviting, attractive, relaxed and sincere.
- Maintain a health and fitness routine. Another act that naturally makes you happy is exercise and being healthy. You don’t need to make a resolution to lose weight, just a resolution to be healthier. We can all benefit from that. Regular exercise and eating healthy will reduce stress, fight disease and improve your mood, attitude, energy and sleep.
- Schedule personal time. For a lot of us, everything is scheduled whether it be playdates for the kids, work appointments, dinner reservations, etc. It’s time you took some time for yourself. When you schedule “Me Time” you’re likely to be happier and overall more productive.
- Don’t commit to things you can’t fulfil. There is a valid point to committing to things that take you out of your comfort zone., but making a commitment you can’t fulfil can be counterproductive. Sometimes you just can’t commit for one reason or another and instead of giving a vague answer, just be honest and say no. You won’t leave yourself feeling overwhelmed and you won’t be expected to show up. You also won’t be considered a flake.
- Use your calendar. We talked about scheduling your “Me Time” but you’ll want to schedule other events and commitment as well. An online calendar will prevent you from missing deadlines, keep you organised and even less stressed.
When you are making your New Year’s resolutions for the year 2016, make your goals achievable. Give yourself resolutions that will make you feel accomplished, confident and fulfilled at the end of the year.