What it Takes to Be Beautiful
Being a woman isn’t easy. We primp, curl, straighten, moisturise and more to get the perfect hair and glowing skin. We get so preoccupied with these beauty hacks that we tend to forget where real, natural beauty comes from. Yes, that’s right, it’s inner beauty that counts.
You don’t have to forgo the gym, hairspray and makeup to find inner beauty; you just have to be able to recognise it. We’ve compiled a short list of things that make women beautiful inside and out.
- Whether you’re a plus size woman or a straight size woman, confidence says everything. Having respect for yourself and recognising how fabulous you are screams “RESPECT!”. Showing that you can take care of yourself and you’re happy with the way you are shows confidence, and confidence is beautiful.
- Your mind. We are all different. Our minds and way of thinking are one of the main things that set us apart from one another. Your mind is a beautiful thing. It’s what makes you, you. It gives you the ability to form your own opinion, express yourself and define who you really are.
- Having compassion is a powerful thing. The ability to genuinely care for others is a true gift. Being selfish is easy, putting others above yourself is a challenge, but a beautiful one. Compassion requires the ability to read people and break through barriers. Being able to relate to another human being is special and meaningful. Any true act of compassion for others is stunning.
- Being strong is one thing but being resilient is another. We all face tragedies, heartache and daily challenges. Being able to rise above or come out on the other side stronger, smarter and more confident is a show of resilience. With resilience comes scars – emotional or physical. These are reminders of our strength and the obstacles we’ve overcome.
- A woman who lives life by her principles and who remains true to what drives her has integrity, and integrity is a beautiful quality. Have goals and fight for what you believe in. Makeup might help get you a compliment but following your dreams and sticking to your guns will earn you respect.
If you aren’t sure what makes you beautiful answer these questions: Am I confident? Do I have compassion? Am I resilient? Am I passionate about something?